No sympathy: FIH to revolting hockey players
New Delhi: Having returned from a stormy meeting in Pune, Federation of International Hockey (FIH) vice president Antonio von Ondarza has shocked hockey lovers in India by giving a clear and direct threat to revolting players.
Clearly siding with Hockey India and accompanying its president AK Mattoo, FIH vice president said while talking to a news channel, “Let me make it clear to the players that you (revolting players) won’t find any takers or sympathizers in international hockey.”
FIH vice president Antonio von Ondarza was participating in a news debate on the hockey crisis which has hogged nation’s attention after all twenty players walked out of the meeting and decided to skip the national camp until their demands were met.
Participating in the debate India’s national team goal-keeper Adrian De Souza said, “We won’t fear any threat and if raising our voices for justice would mean our expulsion then we are ready for it.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre