No timetable set for Sun Yang`s return to swimming
Chengdu (China): Chinese Olympic champion Sun Yang has not returned to training and there has been no timetable set for his return, said Xu Qi, team leader of the Chinese national swimming team, Saturday.
Sun has been suspended from the swimming team following a recent detention for driving without a license, reports Xinhua.
Xu said Sun needed time for introspection, although he confirmed that the swimmer has returned to the Zhejiang provincial team and "is doing well in some rehabilitation training."
Sun Yang was the first Chinese man to win an Olympic swimming gold with his victories in the 400 and 1,500-metre freestyle at the London Games, but he was suspended from training and competing indefinitely in early November after being given seven days of administrative detention as punishment for driving without a license.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today