Not affected by Pak players` absence: Ranchi Rhinos
Ranchi: Hockey India`s decision to send back Pakistani players due to simmering tension between both the countries might have robbed Ranchi Rhinos of two players but the team owners on Thursday said they were not affected by the absence of Shafqat Rasool and Mohammad Irfan.
"Did you notice any difficulty in the team without the two players in our (2-1) win over Punjab Warriors yesterday?" asked team director Suresh Chauhan.
"We are well off without them. The team is gelling well under captain Moritz Fuerste and we are looking forward to our home leg beginning tomorrow," Chauhan told PTI from Delhi.
"It`s Hockey India`s decision to not allow the Pakistani players. I cannot comment further on it. But as a team we are not worried by the absence of the two players."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know