Not affected by Pak players` absence: Ranchi Rhinos
Ranchi: Hockey India`s decision to send back Pakistani players due to simmering tension between both the countries might have robbed Ranchi Rhinos of two players but the team owners on Thursday said they were not affected by the absence of Shafqat Rasool and Mohammad Irfan.
"Did you notice any difficulty in the team without the two players in our (2-1) win over Punjab Warriors yesterday?" asked team director Suresh Chauhan.
"We are well off without them. The team is gelling well under captain Moritz Fuerste and we are looking forward to our home leg beginning tomorrow," Chauhan told PTI from Delhi.
"It`s Hockey India`s decision to not allow the Pakistani players. I cannot comment further on it. But as a team we are not worried by the absence of the two players."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?