NRAI alleges shooting body of violating court orders
New Delhi: The National Rifle Association of India on Wednesday said a "de-recognised" shooting body in Jharkhand is seeking to earn affiliation from the NRAI and run the sport despite a stay on it by the Ranchi High Court.
Sanjesh Mohan Thakur, secretary of the Jharkhand Rifle Association, is trying to get affiliation from the NRAI for the past few years, and has led a protest today with about a dozen members in front of the NRAI office.
After his attempts to convince the NRAI to grant his body affiliation failed, Thakur had filed a case in 2008 at the Ranchi High Court against grant of affiliation. The case is still pending in the High Court.
"This year, just prior to NRAI elections, he moved an application to High Court seeking orders so that he is allowed to be present in the General Body of NRAI holding elections. The High Court rejected his application on the ground that since the matter of 2008 is still pending, he cannot be allowed to attend the General Body meeting," an NRAI official said.
The Court said: "In view of the matter, when the main prayer in respect of grant of affiliation to the petitioner`s association has not yet decided, petitioner cannot be granted interim relief to participate in the election process. Accordingly, I.A. No. 1118 of 2013 is rejected."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!