NRAI meets new coaches, plans for future
New Delhi: With an eye on the future, the National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) today held an "internal" meeting with its six newly appointed coaches who were given a copy each of the federation`s master plan.
Three coaches each from senior and junior sections along with the NRAI`s top officials were present in the meeting here.
"It was an internal administrative meeting in which we discussed the future course of action, how to go about it and all," said NRAI secretary Rajeev Bhatia, without divulging much into the details.
"Since this is the first time that we have appointed different coaches for different events, we thought of having a meeting with them and also gave them each a copy of our plans," Bhatia added.
A copy had already been sent to the Sports Authority of India (SAI), which, on the recommendations of NRAI, appointed the coaches for national squads under the annual calendar of training and competition scheme.
While multiple Asian Games gold medallists Jaspal Rana was recently appointed coach of the junior pistol shooters, Randhir Singh will do duty with the senior rifle team, and Mohinder Lal will be with the senior pistol shooters.
M Padmanavan has been named coach of the senior shotgun team, Deepali Deshpande of the junior rifle team, while P S Sodhi will take care of the junior shotgun shooters.
NRAI president Raninder Singh has also nominated managers for international teams going abroad.
They would accompany the teams participating in international competitions and would be facilitating the shooters for their participation in competitions.
The Indian shooters` impressive outing at the London Olympics, where they won two medals, has prompted the NRAI to be pro-active, and a federation official has stated that they are already looking for ways to better the performance in the Rio Games in 2016.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25