NRAI plans to open 200 modular shooting ranges
New Delhi: In order to promote shooting at the grassroots, the National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) targets to open 200 modular 10-metre air pistol and rifle shooting ranges.
The NRAI hopes to achieve its target through its affiliate Sportzcraft.
After the successful launch of the first range, which was inaugurated by Sports Minister Ajay Maken in Patel Nagar, the second one is being launched in Punjabi Bagh as a joint venture of Delhi Gurudwara Prandhak Committee and NRAI.
Operational for the past five months, the first range has some 123 registered members and 40 daily shooters.
Three more such ranges will be operational at Punjabi Bagh`s Guruharkrishnan Public Schools in the next few months.
The third range will be opened on October 14 at the GHPS Nank Pio, G T Karnal Road.
These air conditioned ranges are equipped with all facilities like mini-gym, consumables like targets and pellets, world class weapons and trained coaches.
12 session of 40 shots, inclusive of all consumables, cost approximately Rs 1,50000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days