NSFs must recognise & highlight Govt`s support: Sports Ministry
New Delhi: The Sports Ministry on Tuesday asked all the National Sports Federations (NSFs) to acknowledge and highlight the Government`s support for all those events that are being funded by it and SAI.
"Grant in aid is provided to the recognised National Sports Federations by Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports and Sports Authority of India (SAI) under the scheme of assistance to NSFs inter-alia, for organising national/zonal level championships and international competitions in India and for participation in international tournaments aboard.
"It has been observed that many of the NSFs do not recognise and highlight the support from the Government of India and SAI in the posters/banners, publicity material of the NSFs for the said events," a Ministry release said.
The Sports Ministry said it was decided that the NSFs would have to specifically highlight the Government`s efforts like display of logo in their banners, publicity materials, etc.
"Government and SAI are actively supplementing the efforts of NSFs in sports promotion. It has, therefore, been decided that hence forth Government support must be specifically recognised and highlighted by the NSFs through various means including display of logo of Government and SAI in their banners and advertisements, publicity material etc for the events for which Government of India/SAI has given financial assistance," the release added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory