Obaidullah Khan Gold Cup Hockey winners to get Rs 21 lakh
Bhopal: A cash price of Rs 21 lakh will be awarded to the winners of the Obaidullah Khan Gold Cup hockey tournament currently underway here.
The announcement was made by the Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan, who formally inaugurated the tournament here on Wednesday.
"This amount will be increased to Rs 51 lakh next year", Chauhan said.
He also announced a proportional increase in the prize amount for runners-up and the team bagging the third slot in the tournament.
Former Olympian Dhanraj Pillay was also present on the occasion.
The tournament features two teams, one each from Malaysia and New Zealand and twelve Indian team such as Air India, Bharat Petroleum, ONGC and Punjab National Bank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala