Obaidullah Khan Gold Cup Hockey winners to get Rs 21 lakh
Bhopal: A cash price of Rs 21 lakh will be awarded to the winners of the Obaidullah Khan Gold Cup hockey tournament currently underway here.
The announcement was made by the Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan, who formally inaugurated the tournament here on Wednesday.
"This amount will be increased to Rs 51 lakh next year", Chauhan said.
He also announced a proportional increase in the prize amount for runners-up and the team bagging the third slot in the tournament.
Former Olympian Dhanraj Pillay was also present on the occasion.
The tournament features two teams, one each from Malaysia and New Zealand and twelve Indian team such as Air India, Bharat Petroleum, ONGC and Punjab National Bank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter