Odisha rushes two women coaches to Bangalore to help Dutee
Bhubaneswar: With the Sports Authority of India (SAI) confirming that Dutee Chand had failed the test that was conducted to check the level of androgen in her body, Odisha government today rushed two women coaches to Banglore to verify what exactly happened to the sprinter.
"The state government have information regarding Dutee from the Athletic Federation of India (AFI) in this regard. We have sent two women coaches to Bangalore. They will be reaching in the evening and will speak to Dutee," Odisha Sports secretary Saswat Mishra today told reporters here.
Mishra said, the two women coaches are also told to take up the matter with the officials of AFI regarding Dutee`s case. "If Dutee will not be able to participate in the ensuing commonwealth games, the coaches will bring her back to Odisha tomorrow," Mishra said.
With her promising career at the crossroads, sprinter Dutee Chand told local television channels that she is not sure what to do next.
"I am sad. Had the medical tests been conducted earlier, I could have got myself cured and participated in the Commonwealth Games at Glasgow. If my state takes steps to get me cured, I will again play for my country in international events and bring laurels for the country," she said.
Dutee`s career has entered into a crossroad after medical tests revealed that she was not eligible to compete in the female category due to high testosterone levels in her body.
Meanwhile, Chakradhar Chand and his wife Akhoji Chand claimed that Dutee was a girl since her birth. "We are surprised to hear that the test revealed something other. We are shocked," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan