Odisha, SAI complete semifinal line-up in HI junior nationals
Chennai: Odisha and Sports Authority of India (SAI) completed the semifinal line up of the fourth Hockey India Junior Men National Championship 2014 (Division A) after registering emphatic victories over Mumbai and Bhopal in their respective pool matches, here on thursday.
While Odisha defeated Mumbai 4-0 in a Pool B match, SAI thrashed Bhopal 5-0 in Pool D.
Meanwhile in inconsequential matches of the day, Himachal Pradesh got the better of Karnataka 4-3 in a keenly-fought contest, while Maharashtra ekede out a close 6-5 win over Chattisgarh in Pool D.
Results of the day:
Pool B: Hockey Odisha 4 Sanjit Toppo (1st min), Anand Lakra (31st), Joseph Toppo (61st), Anuranjan Tirkey (68th) vs Mumbai 0.
Pool B: Himachal Pradesh 4 Badal Choudhary (50th and 54th mins), Harmanjeet Singh (15th) and Abhishek (33rd) vs Karnataka 3 Jagath Nachappa (38th and 42nd) and Anjaneya S A (19th).
Pool D: Sports Suthority of India 5 Navdeep Singh (6th), Ajay Yadav (30th), Ajit Pandey (49th, 67th), Pawan Rajbhar (54th) vs Hockey Bhopal 0.
Pool D: Hockey Maharashtra 6 Sumit Kumar (34th and 64th), Razik Shaikh (11th), Shubham (15th), Mithlesh Kumar (51st) and Laxman Kare (65th) vs Chhattisgarh 5 Wasiullah Khan (14th and 48th), Akash Tamrakar (27th), Raja Khan (29th) and Kartik Yadav (52nd).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees