Odisha, SAI complete semifinal line-up in HI junior nationals
Chennai: Odisha and Sports Authority of India (SAI) completed the semifinal line up of the fourth Hockey India Junior Men National Championship 2014 (Division A) after registering emphatic victories over Mumbai and Bhopal in their respective pool matches, here on thursday.
While Odisha defeated Mumbai 4-0 in a Pool B match, SAI thrashed Bhopal 5-0 in Pool D.
Meanwhile in inconsequential matches of the day, Himachal Pradesh got the better of Karnataka 4-3 in a keenly-fought contest, while Maharashtra ekede out a close 6-5 win over Chattisgarh in Pool D.
Results of the day:
Pool B: Hockey Odisha 4 Sanjit Toppo (1st min), Anand Lakra (31st), Joseph Toppo (61st), Anuranjan Tirkey (68th) vs Mumbai 0.
Pool B: Himachal Pradesh 4 Badal Choudhary (50th and 54th mins), Harmanjeet Singh (15th) and Abhishek (33rd) vs Karnataka 3 Jagath Nachappa (38th and 42nd) and Anjaneya S A (19th).
Pool D: Sports Suthority of India 5 Navdeep Singh (6th), Ajay Yadav (30th), Ajit Pandey (49th, 67th), Pawan Rajbhar (54th) vs Hockey Bhopal 0.
Pool D: Hockey Maharashtra 6 Sumit Kumar (34th and 64th), Razik Shaikh (11th), Shubham (15th), Mithlesh Kumar (51st) and Laxman Kare (65th) vs Chhattisgarh 5 Wasiullah Khan (14th and 48th), Akash Tamrakar (27th), Raja Khan (29th) and Kartik Yadav (52nd).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter