Odisha, SAI complete semifinal line-up in HI junior nationals
Chennai: Odisha and Sports Authority of India (SAI) completed the semifinal line up of the fourth Hockey India Junior Men National Championship 2014 (Division A) after registering emphatic victories over Mumbai and Bhopal in their respective pool matches, here on thursday.
While Odisha defeated Mumbai 4-0 in a Pool B match, SAI thrashed Bhopal 5-0 in Pool D.
Meanwhile in inconsequential matches of the day, Himachal Pradesh got the better of Karnataka 4-3 in a keenly-fought contest, while Maharashtra ekede out a close 6-5 win over Chattisgarh in Pool D.
Results of the day:
Pool B: Hockey Odisha 4 Sanjit Toppo (1st min), Anand Lakra (31st), Joseph Toppo (61st), Anuranjan Tirkey (68th) vs Mumbai 0.
Pool B: Himachal Pradesh 4 Badal Choudhary (50th and 54th mins), Harmanjeet Singh (15th) and Abhishek (33rd) vs Karnataka 3 Jagath Nachappa (38th and 42nd) and Anjaneya S A (19th).
Pool D: Sports Suthority of India 5 Navdeep Singh (6th), Ajay Yadav (30th), Ajit Pandey (49th, 67th), Pawan Rajbhar (54th) vs Hockey Bhopal 0.
Pool D: Hockey Maharashtra 6 Sumit Kumar (34th and 64th), Razik Shaikh (11th), Shubham (15th), Mithlesh Kumar (51st) and Laxman Kare (65th) vs Chhattisgarh 5 Wasiullah Khan (14th and 48th), Akash Tamrakar (27th), Raja Khan (29th) and Kartik Yadav (52nd).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins