Olympian Ashok Kumar, MP goalie Rathore injured in accident
Bhopal: Olympian Ashok Kumar and Madhya Pradesh Hockey Academy goalkeeper Amit Rathore were injured when the motorcycle on which they were travelling was hit by a Maruti car here on Saturday.
The mishap took place near Sultania Hospital when Rathore was going to drop Dhyanchand at the Bhopal Railway Station from where he was to go to Jhansi, Madhya Pradesh Directorate of Sports and Youth Welfare said in a statement.
Ashok Kumar, son of legendary Dhyanchand, suffered serious leg injuries while Rathore received minor injuries in his leg, it said.
Both were rushed to a local hospital where an operation was performed on Ashok Kumar`s leg.
Sports Director Dr Shailendra Srivastava reached the hospital and enquired about their health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons