Olympian Ashok Kumar, MP goalie Rathore injured in accident
Bhopal: Olympian Ashok Kumar and Madhya Pradesh Hockey Academy goalkeeper Amit Rathore were injured when the motorcycle on which they were travelling was hit by a Maruti car here on Saturday.
The mishap took place near Sultania Hospital when Rathore was going to drop Dhyanchand at the Bhopal Railway Station from where he was to go to Jhansi, Madhya Pradesh Directorate of Sports and Youth Welfare said in a statement.
Ashok Kumar, son of legendary Dhyanchand, suffered serious leg injuries while Rathore received minor injuries in his leg, it said.
Both were rushed to a local hospital where an operation was performed on Ashok Kumar`s leg.
Sports Director Dr Shailendra Srivastava reached the hospital and enquired about their health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- WATCH: BRILLIANT! This airline's touching gesture on Dipa Karmakar's arrival in Agartala
- Happy to be working during pregnancy: Kareena Kapoor Khan
- Pfizer says acquiring biotech firm Medivation for $14 billion
- Asian Filmmaker award posthumously for Abbas Kiarostami at Busan
- Infosys denies laying off 500 people, says 'few' asked to leave for non-performance