Olympian Costantina to be event ambassador of Half Marathon
New Delhi :Beijing Olympics Marathon champion Costantina Dita will be the event ambassador for the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon, to be held on November 21 in the
Constantina will meet and interact with the participants, the media as well as the sponsors and partners of the event, besides being an integral part of the Race Day Celebrations, a
release from the organisers said.
Constantina has performed in the marathon at a world class level for nearly a decade with at least 22 major event finishes. She has a marathon personal best 2:21:30 accomplished at the 2004 LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon.
The highlight of her career came at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games marathon where she went on to claim the Olympic gold by 22 seconds.
The 38-year-old marathoner will join a long list of sporting icons and legends who have been brought down by promoters Procam International to India.
In 2008, the Delhi Half Marathon had athletics legend Jackie Joyner-Kersee and Sir Richard Hadlee as the Event Ambassadors, while in 2009 Catherine Freeman and Allan Border did the honours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery