Olympian shooter alleges vandalism at range, files FIR
Kolkata: Olympian shooter Joydeep Karmakar on Saturday lodged an FIR alleging vandalism at his training range in the North Calcutta Rifle Club.
The shooter claimed that his electronic target wires were snapped for the second time in six months and alleged it was a deliberate act to derail his preparations for the national trials.
"It`s really quite frustrating to find the wires damaged this morning days before I`m set to leave for Delhi for the trials... It was perfect yesterday afternoon.
"The target is installed inside the hall which remains locked with security personnel but they are clueless. Certainly, it`s done by insiders with an ill motive," Karmakar, who has lodged a complaint at the Ultadanga police station in this connection, told PTI.
The 50m rifle prone shooter had finished fourth at the London Olympics and he`s now preparing for the selection trials for the upcoming Commonwealth Games, Asian Games and World Championships that will have quota berths for the 2016 Rio Olympics.
At the last Nationals, Karmakar finished second after topping the qualification round with 619.1 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation