Olympian shooter alleges vandalism at range, files FIR
Kolkata: Olympian shooter Joydeep Karmakar on Saturday lodged an FIR alleging vandalism at his training range in the North Calcutta Rifle Club.
The shooter claimed that his electronic target wires were snapped for the second time in six months and alleged it was a deliberate act to derail his preparations for the national trials.
"It`s really quite frustrating to find the wires damaged this morning days before I`m set to leave for Delhi for the trials... It was perfect yesterday afternoon.
"The target is installed inside the hall which remains locked with security personnel but they are clueless. Certainly, it`s done by insiders with an ill motive," Karmakar, who has lodged a complaint at the Ultadanga police station in this connection, told PTI.
The 50m rifle prone shooter had finished fourth at the London Olympics and he`s now preparing for the selection trials for the upcoming Commonwealth Games, Asian Games and World Championships that will have quota berths for the 2016 Rio Olympics.
At the last Nationals, Karmakar finished second after topping the qualification round with 619.1 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- SHOCKING! Heads of Moroccan Islamist movement caught having sex on the beach
- Saturn's moon Dione reveals its contrasting features to NASA's Cassini! - See pic
- Divine coincidence! After 5000 years, this 'shubh muhurat' occurs again on Krishna Janmashtami this year—FIND OUT
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Kashmir on Wednesday
- No water for OP Jaisha: Here's what Virat Kohli's former coach Rajkumar Sharma has to say about it