Olympian shooter alleges vandalism at range, files FIR
Kolkata: Olympian shooter Joydeep Karmakar on Saturday lodged an FIR alleging vandalism at his training range in the North Calcutta Rifle Club.
The shooter claimed that his electronic target wires were snapped for the second time in six months and alleged it was a deliberate act to derail his preparations for the national trials.
"It`s really quite frustrating to find the wires damaged this morning days before I`m set to leave for Delhi for the trials... It was perfect yesterday afternoon.
"The target is installed inside the hall which remains locked with security personnel but they are clueless. Certainly, it`s done by insiders with an ill motive," Karmakar, who has lodged a complaint at the Ultadanga police station in this connection, told PTI.
The 50m rifle prone shooter had finished fourth at the London Olympics and he`s now preparing for the selection trials for the upcoming Commonwealth Games, Asian Games and World Championships that will have quota berths for the 2016 Rio Olympics.
At the last Nationals, Karmakar finished second after topping the qualification round with 619.1 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened