Olympian shooter alleges vandalism at range, files FIR
Kolkata: Olympian shooter Joydeep Karmakar on Saturday lodged an FIR alleging vandalism at his training range in the North Calcutta Rifle Club.
The shooter claimed that his electronic target wires were snapped for the second time in six months and alleged it was a deliberate act to derail his preparations for the national trials.
"It`s really quite frustrating to find the wires damaged this morning days before I`m set to leave for Delhi for the trials... It was perfect yesterday afternoon.
"The target is installed inside the hall which remains locked with security personnel but they are clueless. Certainly, it`s done by insiders with an ill motive," Karmakar, who has lodged a complaint at the Ultadanga police station in this connection, told PTI.
The 50m rifle prone shooter had finished fourth at the London Olympics and he`s now preparing for the selection trials for the upcoming Commonwealth Games, Asian Games and World Championships that will have quota berths for the 2016 Rio Olympics.
At the last Nationals, Karmakar finished second after topping the qualification round with 619.1 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ferrari GTC4Lusso India launch in 2017!
- Memories in making with noir shades, Shah Rukh Khan rejoices evening with 'Dear Zindagi' team!
- New 'Star Wars' character from 'Rogue One' unveiled
- Kicking the butt can cut daily drinking too
- Olympics: IOC report 45 new doping failures from 2008 Beijing and 2012 London Games