Olympic champion Donovan Bailey to grace Delhi half marathon
New Delhi: The Airtel Delhi Half Marathon will have 1996 Atlanta Olympics 100m gold medallist Donovan Bailey as its "Event Ambassador" along with "Flying Sikh" Milkha Singh during the prestigious event which is scheduled to take place on December 15.
Bailey won gold medal in 100 metres dash with a world record timing of 9.84 seconds. A total number of 31,100 runners have been registered for the event this year. This year`s edition will witness 10 per cent increase in the numbers of participants in the Half Marathon which has received 11,700 entries. The senior citizen`s run will have 1200 participants while the Champions with Disability will have 200 participants.In the Great Delhi Run category, there will be 18,000 participants.
Organisers also come up with an innovative event lead up to the main programme - "Airtel Delhi Half Marathon Expo". This will have training camps for the participants, getting them prepared for the race day. The camps will be organised from December 6 to 8.
Bipasha Basu will continue to be the face of the event.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'