Olympic champion Donovan Bailey to grace Delhi half marathon
New Delhi: The Airtel Delhi Half Marathon will have 1996 Atlanta Olympics 100m gold medallist Donovan Bailey as its "Event Ambassador" along with "Flying Sikh" Milkha Singh during the prestigious event which is scheduled to take place on December 15.
Bailey won gold medal in 100 metres dash with a world record timing of 9.84 seconds. A total number of 31,100 runners have been registered for the event this year. This year`s edition will witness 10 per cent increase in the numbers of participants in the Half Marathon which has received 11,700 entries. The senior citizen`s run will have 1200 participants while the Champions with Disability will have 200 participants.In the Great Delhi Run category, there will be 18,000 participants.
Organisers also come up with an innovative event lead up to the main programme - "Airtel Delhi Half Marathon Expo". This will have training camps for the participants, getting them prepared for the race day. The camps will be organised from December 6 to 8.
Bipasha Basu will continue to be the face of the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Islamic State bombings in southern Yemen kill 38
- UK pensions minister Crabb considering bid to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks