Olympic champion Donovan Bailey to grace Delhi half marathon
New Delhi: The Airtel Delhi Half Marathon will have 1996 Atlanta Olympics 100m gold medallist Donovan Bailey as its "Event Ambassador" along with "Flying Sikh" Milkha Singh during the prestigious event which is scheduled to take place on December 15.
Bailey won gold medal in 100 metres dash with a world record timing of 9.84 seconds. A total number of 31,100 runners have been registered for the event this year. This year`s edition will witness 10 per cent increase in the numbers of participants in the Half Marathon which has received 11,700 entries. The senior citizen`s run will have 1200 participants while the Champions with Disability will have 200 participants.In the Great Delhi Run category, there will be 18,000 participants.
Organisers also come up with an innovative event lead up to the main programme - "Airtel Delhi Half Marathon Expo". This will have training camps for the participants, getting them prepared for the race day. The camps will be organised from December 6 to 8.
Bipasha Basu will continue to be the face of the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family