Olympic champion Sally Pearson names new coach
Sydney: Australian Olympic hurdles champion Sally Pearson said Monday she will train under new coach Antony Drinkwater-Newman after parting ways with long-term mentor Sharon Hannan.
Drinkwater-Newman currently runs a junior training squad on Australia`s Gold Coast but previously was the strength and conditioning coach for the IAAF at a regional level and was an assistant coach to Hannan from 2006 to 2011.
"Antony and I have trained together over many years in the same squad and also while he was Sharon`s assistant," Pearson said in a statement.
"I was excited by the fresh ideas that Antony has developed and I know that we work well together. Antony will be able to train beside me and that will be special."
Pearson, 27, said she expected to be in peak condition for the IAAF World Indoor Championships in early March, as well as the Australian domestic season next year.
The athlete, who won gold at last year`s London Games in the 100m hurdles, announced last week she was splitting with Hannan, her coach for 14 years, to develop fresh ideas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!