Olympic champion Sally Pearson names new coach
Sydney: Australian Olympic hurdles champion Sally Pearson said Monday she will train under new coach Antony Drinkwater-Newman after parting ways with long-term mentor Sharon Hannan.
Drinkwater-Newman currently runs a junior training squad on Australia`s Gold Coast but previously was the strength and conditioning coach for the IAAF at a regional level and was an assistant coach to Hannan from 2006 to 2011.
"Antony and I have trained together over many years in the same squad and also while he was Sharon`s assistant," Pearson said in a statement.
"I was excited by the fresh ideas that Antony has developed and I know that we work well together. Antony will be able to train beside me and that will be special."
Pearson, 27, said she expected to be in peak condition for the IAAF World Indoor Championships in early March, as well as the Australian domestic season next year.
The athlete, who won gold at last year`s London Games in the 100m hurdles, announced last week she was splitting with Hannan, her coach for 14 years, to develop fresh ideas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi