Olympic high jump silver medallist Mason out of worlds
London: Olympic high jump silver medallist Germaine Mason will miss this month`s world championships in Berlin with an ankle injury, UK Athletics said.
The Jamaican-born 26-year-old was injured competing in Stockholm last week.
"A subsequent scan showed a significant ankle ligament injury in his take off leg, ruling him out for the rest of the season," a UKA statement said.
The British team is already without European under-23 200 metres champion Toby Sandeman who has a foot problem.
The worlds will be held from Aug. 15-23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing