Olympic high jump silver medallist Mason out of worlds
London: Olympic high jump silver medallist Germaine Mason will miss this month`s world championships in Berlin with an ankle injury, UK Athletics said.
The Jamaican-born 26-year-old was injured competing in Stockholm last week.
"A subsequent scan showed a significant ankle ligament injury in his take off leg, ruling him out for the rest of the season," a UKA statement said.
The British team is already without European under-23 200 metres champion Toby Sandeman who has a foot problem.
The worlds will be held from Aug. 15-23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation