Olympic high jump silver medallist Mason out of worlds
London: Olympic high jump silver medallist Germaine Mason will miss this month`s world championships in Berlin with an ankle injury, UK Athletics said.
The Jamaican-born 26-year-old was injured competing in Stockholm last week.
"A subsequent scan showed a significant ankle ligament injury in his take off leg, ruling him out for the rest of the season," a UKA statement said.
The British team is already without European under-23 200 metres champion Toby Sandeman who has a foot problem.
The worlds will be held from Aug. 15-23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder