Olympic high jump silver medallist Mason out of worlds
London: Olympic high jump silver medallist Germaine Mason will miss this month`s world championships in Berlin with an ankle injury, UK Athletics said.
The Jamaican-born 26-year-old was injured competing in Stockholm last week.
"A subsequent scan showed a significant ankle ligament injury in his take off leg, ruling him out for the rest of the season," a UKA statement said.
The British team is already without European under-23 200 metres champion Toby Sandeman who has a foot problem.
The worlds will be held from Aug. 15-23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Must Watch: What Nawaz Sharif's daughter has to say about PML-N's victory in PoK polls
- Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar's family files FIR against Mayawati after BSP rampage
- West Indies vs India, 1st Test, Day 2: As it happened...
- LIVE STREAMING: West Indies vs India, 1st Test, Day 2
- ISRO to launch weather satellite next month