Olympic medallist is Argentine sports minister
Buenos Aires: Argentina`s four-time Olympic sailing medal winner Carlos Espinola has been appointed the new sports minister by President Cristina Fernandez.
The appointment was published in the government gazette on Wednesday, reports Xinhua.
In December, Espinola, 42, concluded his four-year term as mayor of Corrientes, capital of the similarly-named province in northern Argentina.
Last year, Espinola ran for governor of Corrientes but
Espinola has won the most Olympic medals in the history of Argentine sailing, with silver medals in men`s sailing at the 1996 Atlanta Games and 2000 Sydney Games (Mistral Class), and bronze medals at Athens 2004 and Beijing 2008 (Tornado Class).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad