Olympic medallist is Argentine sports minister
Buenos Aires: Argentina`s four-time Olympic sailing medal winner Carlos Espinola has been appointed the new sports minister by President Cristina Fernandez.
The appointment was published in the government gazette on Wednesday, reports Xinhua.
In December, Espinola, 42, concluded his four-year term as mayor of Corrientes, capital of the similarly-named province in northern Argentina.
Last year, Espinola ran for governor of Corrientes but
Espinola has won the most Olympic medals in the history of Argentine sailing, with silver medals in men`s sailing at the 1996 Atlanta Games and 2000 Sydney Games (Mistral Class), and bronze medals at Athens 2004 and Beijing 2008 (Tornado Class).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Muslims not doing 'enough' to fight Islamic State: Jordan's Queen Rania