Olympic medallist is Argentine sports minister
Buenos Aires: Argentina`s four-time Olympic sailing medal winner Carlos Espinola has been appointed the new sports minister by President Cristina Fernandez.
The appointment was published in the government gazette on Wednesday, reports Xinhua.
In December, Espinola, 42, concluded his four-year term as mayor of Corrientes, capital of the similarly-named province in northern Argentina.
Last year, Espinola ran for governor of Corrientes but
Espinola has won the most Olympic medals in the history of Argentine sailing, with silver medals in men`s sailing at the 1996 Atlanta Games and 2000 Sydney Games (Mistral Class), and bronze medals at Athens 2004 and Beijing 2008 (Tornado Class).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE