Olympic TT champion Zhang to take European stars
Qingdao: Olympic champion Zhang Jike will compete against the World No. 11 Samsonov Vladimir of Belarus and German ace Ovtcharov Dimitrij in east China`s coastal city Qingdao at the 2013 Asia-Europe Table Tennis All Stars Challenge this weekend.
"I feel good recently, and I will try my best to play in the event held at my hometown," Zhang was quoted.
Ten famous table tennis players will attend the two-day event with total bonus of 95,000 euro.
Mizutani Jun of Japan, Joo saehyuk from South Korea, China`s Zhang, Chuang Chih-Yuan of Chinese Taipei and Jiang Tianyi from Hong Kong of China will fight against Freitas Marcos of Portugal, Crisan Adrian from Rumania, Vladimir, Dimitrij and Chen Weixing of Austria respectively on Saturday.
Mizutani, Jiang, Chuang, Zhang and Joo will confront Chen, Adrian, Vladimir, Dimitrij and Marcos respectively on Sunday.
Starting from 2009, the 2013 Asia - Europe Table Tennis All Stars Challenge is an annual event with the first round held in an Asian city and the second one held in Europe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Mathura violence: Judicial probe into Jawahar Bagh incident begins
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit