Olympic TT champion Zhang to take European stars
Qingdao: Olympic champion Zhang Jike will compete against the World No. 11 Samsonov Vladimir of Belarus and German ace Ovtcharov Dimitrij in east China`s coastal city Qingdao at the 2013 Asia-Europe Table Tennis All Stars Challenge this weekend.
"I feel good recently, and I will try my best to play in the event held at my hometown," Zhang was quoted.
Ten famous table tennis players will attend the two-day event with total bonus of 95,000 euro.
Mizutani Jun of Japan, Joo saehyuk from South Korea, China`s Zhang, Chuang Chih-Yuan of Chinese Taipei and Jiang Tianyi from Hong Kong of China will fight against Freitas Marcos of Portugal, Crisan Adrian from Rumania, Vladimir, Dimitrij and Chen Weixing of Austria respectively on Saturday.
Mizutani, Jiang, Chuang, Zhang and Joo will confront Chen, Adrian, Vladimir, Dimitrij and Marcos respectively on Sunday.
Starting from 2009, the 2013 Asia - Europe Table Tennis All Stars Challenge is an annual event with the first round held in an Asian city and the second one held in Europe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur