Olympic TT champion Zhang to take European stars
Qingdao: Olympic champion Zhang Jike will compete against the World No. 11 Samsonov Vladimir of Belarus and German ace Ovtcharov Dimitrij in east China`s coastal city Qingdao at the 2013 Asia-Europe Table Tennis All Stars Challenge this weekend.
"I feel good recently, and I will try my best to play in the event held at my hometown," Zhang was quoted.
Ten famous table tennis players will attend the two-day event with total bonus of 95,000 euro.
Mizutani Jun of Japan, Joo saehyuk from South Korea, China`s Zhang, Chuang Chih-Yuan of Chinese Taipei and Jiang Tianyi from Hong Kong of China will fight against Freitas Marcos of Portugal, Crisan Adrian from Rumania, Vladimir, Dimitrij and Chen Weixing of Austria respectively on Saturday.
Mizutani, Jiang, Chuang, Zhang and Joo will confront Chen, Adrian, Vladimir, Dimitrij and Marcos respectively on Sunday.
Starting from 2009, the 2013 Asia - Europe Table Tennis All Stars Challenge is an annual event with the first round held in an Asian city and the second one held in Europe.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram