One gold, 3 silver for Indian cyclists in 2013 Track Asia meet
New Delhi: Indian junior riders made a sensational start to their campaign in the Track Asia Cycling Championship in Thailand by winning one gold and three silvers on the opening day.
Teen sensation from Andaman and Nicobar, Deborah, bagged the gold medal in the Time Trial event while Manorama Devi bagged silver medals in Scratch and Point races and Dilawar Singh from Haryana added the third silver in Point race for India.
The Indian contingent has been taking big strides in Asian cycling ever since the last edition of the Asian championship in New Delhi in March, where India won two silver and two bronze for the first time ever.
The performance of the Indian contingent had even attracted the Korean Cycling Federation, who had invited both Deborah and Manorama Devi to train with their national squad before this championship.
"Indian cycling has been on the rise and these results are very encouraging for all of us. These players have put in a lot of hard work in the last few months and I am extremely happy that they could translate those efforts into medal," said Onkar Singh, Secretary, Cycling Federation of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31