Online sale of Sochi Olympics tickets kicks off
Moscow: Online ticket sales for the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics have started. The tickets are being sold online via an agency which also operates in the US, Canada, Brazil, Australia and several European countries.
According to the official online seller, tickets are priced from 500 rubles (about USD 16) for the ice hockey group games and up to 50,000 rubles (over USD 1,600) for the opening ceremony.
The majority of the tickets available through the Russian website have been sold out in the first few hours after the official start of the sales Feb 7, the same day that Russia started a countdown for the 22nd Winter Olympic Games.
The brisk sell-out of the tickets raised suspicions among local observers that the Olympics passes could have been grabbed by organised ticketing squatters who hope to resell them later, despite severe fines (over USD 33,000) the Russian government has introduced for the touts.
The first Winter Olympic Games held in Russia are to take place from Feb 7 to Feb 23, 2014, in the Black Sea resort city of Sochi. The games will feature 98 medal events, 12 more than the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, Canada.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks