Oscar Pistorius’ bail plea to be heard in court today
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: South African sprinter Oscar Pistorius’ bail plea is set be heard in a Pretoria Court from today even as the family of his slain girlfriend prepares for a private funeral.
The world was shocked by the news of Pistorius been arrested for allegedly murdering his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.
Initial reports suggest that the “Blade Runner” mistook Reeva for an intruder and shot her in the early hours of Thursday morning.
The police said that the model was killed by more than one gunshot and Pistorius was the only other person they found in the house whom they could have taken for a suspect.
Steenkamp's mother is struggling to come to terms with the death of her daughter whom she described as the most beautiful person gone in a blink.
"Why my little girl? Why did this happen? Why did he do this?" June Steenkamp told the Times of South Africa.
"She had so much of herself to give and now all that is gone. Just like that, she is gone... In the blink of an eye and a single breath, the most beautiful person who ever lived is no longer here," she said.
The prosecutors are set to pursue a premeditated murder charge against the 26-year-old to deny him bail during the trial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt