Oscar Pistorius can leave SA to compete internationally, with conditions
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Pretoria: There was a sigh of relief for Paralympian superstar Oscar Pistorius after he won appeal against bail conditions, and was allowed to leave South Africa to compete in international competition, with certain conditions.
Judge Bert Bam asked the 26-year-old to provide authorities with his travel plans at least a week before he leaves the country. Pistorius was also asked to return his passport to the court within 24 hours of returning to South Africa
Pistorius had also sought an end to supervision by a probation officer and compulsory drug and alcohol testing. His lawyers argued that the “Blade Runner” should be allowed to return to his home and to travel.
Pistorius who is nicknamed "Blade Runner" as he competes on special carbon fibre blades, has been accused of premeditated murder of his model girlfriend and law graduate Reeva Steenkamp on Valentine`s Day.
Pistorius said that it wasn’t premeditated as he mistook her for a burglar who was hiding in the bathroom.
Pistorius was granted bail on a record one million Rand ($112,770) after his bail plea hearing lasted for four days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off