Oscar Pistorius can leave SA to compete internationally, with conditions
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Pretoria: There was a sigh of relief for Paralympian superstar Oscar Pistorius after he won appeal against bail conditions, and was allowed to leave South Africa to compete in international competition, with certain conditions.
Judge Bert Bam asked the 26-year-old to provide authorities with his travel plans at least a week before he leaves the country. Pistorius was also asked to return his passport to the court within 24 hours of returning to South Africa
Pistorius had also sought an end to supervision by a probation officer and compulsory drug and alcohol testing. His lawyers argued that the “Blade Runner” should be allowed to return to his home and to travel.
Pistorius who is nicknamed "Blade Runner" as he competes on special carbon fibre blades, has been accused of premeditated murder of his model girlfriend and law graduate Reeva Steenkamp on Valentine`s Day.
Pistorius said that it wasn’t premeditated as he mistook her for a burglar who was hiding in the bathroom.
Pistorius was granted bail on a record one million Rand ($112,770) after his bail plea hearing lasted for four days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- No Indian casualty in Italy earthquake
- Banaras Hindu University male student abducted, gang-raped
- India stresses State's accountability in terror-WMD linkage
- 'RSS people killed Mahatma Gandhi' - Did Rahul Gandhi say this? Is he lying now? WATCH this video; find out
- Leaked data, if genuine, may compromise Scorpene's stealth element: Former Navy chief