Oscar Pistorius` family denies suicidal claims
London: Paralympian star Oscar Pistorius` family has denied his friend`s claims that the sprinter, who is accused of killing his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, has developed suicidal tendencies.
Mike Azzie, a horse trainer and a close friend of the Blade Runner, has said that he was worried about the mental state of Pistorius, and claimed that he feared that the sprinter is on the verge of suicide, adding that he is also facing spiralling legal costs.
However, Pistorius` uncle Arnold Pistorius denied the claims and said that although his nephew is a broken man as he has to live with the knowledge that he caused the death of the woman he loved, he believes that he has a purpose in life.
Stating that the star Paralympian is coping up the best he can with the support of his family and friends, Pistorius` uncle said that as a family, they are confident that the Steenkamp`s death will be proved to have been a tragic and a terrible accident, which changed many lives forever.
However, Pistorius did not deny that the sprinter had sold some of his belongings to cover rising legal costs and said that his nephew will evaluate the cost on a day-to-day basis.
Stressing that the Paralympian never intended to harm Steenkamp, Pistorius further said that the family is aware that the entire incident will take a long time to get over, adding that they will co-operate with the law to enable it to run its course.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir