Oscar Pistorius murder trial resumes today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The murder trial of South African paralympian, Oscar Pistorius, will resume on Thursday where the prosecution and the defence lawyers will make their final arguments in the case before the judge.
As per reports, the prosecutors and the defence lawyers for Oscar Pistorius have just two days left to convince the judge by presenting their arguments till Friday.
Once a celebrated athlete, Pistorius got notoriety when he accused for allegedly murdering his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, at his residence.
After months of engrossing testimony and arguments, which has captured the world`s attention, the case is finally heading towards its end.
The Oscar Pistorius trial has seen two top lawyers of South Africa - Barry Roux (defence) and Gerrie Nel (prosecution) making arguments and counter-arguments to convince Judge Thokozile Masipa.
According to the Blade Runner, he mistakenly shot Steenkamp, believing she was an intruder in his Pretoria home, whereas, prosecutors argue that Pistorius deliberately killed the 29-year old, after a heated argument.
After hearing the summarized versions from both the parties for two days, Masipa is expected to adjourn the case for a couple of weeks before announcing her final verdict.
If convicted on the main charge of premeditated murder, the sprinter can face a minimum of 25 years in jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra