Oscar Pistorius reports to authorities
Johannesburg: Oscar Pistorius reported to South African authorities on Monday under bail terms in the murder case against him, said a spokeswoman for the Olympic athlete.
The double-amputee runner visited correctional officers in the capital, Pretoria, said Lunice Johnston.
"Oscar did present himself to the necessary authorities this morning," Johnston told The Associated Press.
Pistorius, who was released on bail Friday, is staying at the home of his uncle, Arnold, in the affluent suburb of Waterkloof in Pretoria.
Pistorius is accused of murder in the shooting death of his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, in the early hours of February 14. Prosecutors say the pair had an argument before Steenkamp was killed; Pistorius says he mistook her for an intruder and shot her accidentally.
Chief Magistrate Desmond Nair had set bail at 1 million rand (USD 113,000). The 26-year-old track star was also ordered to hand over his passports, turn in any guns he owns and keep away from his upscale home in a gated community in Pretoria, which is now a crime scene.
He cannot leave the district of Pretoria without his probation officer`s permission and is not allowed to consume drugs or alcohol, the magistrate said.
Pistorius` longtime coach, Ampie Louw, had said when the runner was in detention that he wanted to put him back into training in the event that he was granted bail.
Johnston, however, said she knew of no immediate plans for him to return to the track.
Pistorius` next court appearance is on June 4. Pistorius faces life imprisonment if convicted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers