Oscar Pistorius seeks relaxation of ‘stringent’ bail terms
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Pretoria: Lawyers representing South African Paralympic champion Oscar Pistorius were to contest the ‘stringent’ bail terms imposed on him after killing his girlfriend on February 14.
The ‘Blade Runner’ is believed to be unhappy with some conditions imposed in his bail, including travel restrictions, which he considers unfair and unwarranted.
Lawyers have also contested the random mandatory alcohol and drug tests that are a part of the bail conditions.
The Paralympic champion had been ordered to surrender his passport and told to inform a correctional officer if and when he has to travel outside Pretoria.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference