Oscar Pistorius set to announce decision on return to track
London: Oscar Pistorius will decide when to get back on the track, on Tuesday.
Pistorius, who is now allowed to travel aboard for competitions after his bail restrictions were lifted last week, is to meet his agent Peet van Zyl.
Van Zyl revealed on Sunday that he has already been contacted by a number of organisers who would be willing to let Pistorius compete, despite the South African star being on a murder charge.
The 26-year-old is on bail after being charged with the premeditated murder of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, who was shot dead at his home in Pretoria last month. Pistorius claims he mistook her for an intruder at his home.
Organisers of the Manchester City Games, where Pistorius was originally scheduled to run this month insisted at the weekend they would not be re-inviting him.
And UK Athletics - which is hosting the London Grand Prix in July on the first anniversary of the 2012 Olympics - have already sought to distance themselves.
But the Blade Runner could try to qualify for this year`s World Championships in Moscow in August having fought a long-running battle to run alongside able-bodied athletes and make his debut at the event in 2011.
Van Zyl admitted that Pistorius had not been training since the shooting, but said that they will approach competitions when the time is right. He said that if Pistorius qualifies for Moscow, and then on the basis of innocent until proven guilty, he will be free to run.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed