Oscar Pistorius` slain girlfriend was pregnant when shot to death
Johannesburg: Oscar Pistorius` slain girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp was pregnant on the night of her killing, according to explosive allegations that came into light in the US.
It is believed Steenkamp broke the news of the baby to the Blade Runner on the night of her killing, the Daily Star reports.
The Bladerunner has denied her murder, insisting he mistook his girlfriend for an intruder at his home.
Reports in a US magazine claim Steenkamp was overjoyed about becoming a mum and could not wait to tell the Olympics and Paralympics star, the paper said.
Friends confirmed that Reeva had been in a great mood as she travelled to Pistorius` plush pad earlier that day, and CCTV footage shows her laughing with security staff as she goes through the gates on her way to see him.
However, few hours later police were called to Pistorius` home, where they found Steenkamp dead from four gunshot wounds, the paper said.
Pistorius held his own memorial on Tuesday for lover Steenkamp as he struggles to come to terms with events.
He had been in court for a bail hearing on the day of Steenkamp`s funeral, and so staged his own service at his uncle Arnold`s house on Tuesday, the paper reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees