Oscar Pistorius trial resumes on Monday
Zee Media Bureau
Pretoria: The hearing on the high profile case involving Oscar Pistorius resumes Monday in the High Court in Pretoria.
Pistorius`s defense team will try to salvage the case following accusation from prosecutors that the Paralympian`s story is an intricate lie designed to cover up the murder of Reeva Steenkamp.
The case stood down for just over two weeks owing to the Easter Weekend and several other public holidays in South Africa. And within two days, the country will go to the polls to vote.
Pistorius, 27, is accused of murdering his girlfriend Steenkamp in the early hours of Valentine`s Day last year. The State alleges he fired four shots through a locked bathroom door during a violent argument.
But the double amputee sprinter claims that it was a case of mistaken identity and he acted in self defense.
Charged with premeditated murder, Pistorius faces 25 years to life imprisonment if convicted.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony