Over 30,000 expected to join Delhi half-marathon
New Delhi: With over 30,000 sports, health and fitness enthusiasts expected to participate in this year`s edition of `Airtel Delhi Half Marathon`, registrations for the popular event opened , a statement said on Friday.
Focused on the theme `Make Friends with Delhi` - the 2012 leg of the annual sporting event will be organised Sep 30, 2012, and flagged off under the aegis of the Athletics Federation of India (AFI).
"The half-marathon is an occasion that invites all like-minded people to come together in the true spirit of camaraderie and run for a cause," said Bharat Bambawale of Airtel.
"Dedicated to the spirit of friendship, we invite all `Dillike friends` to participate again in large numbers to make this the biggest and best year for the half marathon," he added.
Apart from the opportunity to run alongside the world`s best long distance athletes, prize money of $210,000 ensures that the event maintains its status as the world`s richest half-marathon.
"We are expecting to attract 40 of the world`s top 100 male and female long distance athletes. The event will also witness the presence of some of the biggest names from the world of sport as event ambassadors," said the statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!