Over 30,000 expected to join Delhi half-marathon
New Delhi: With over 30,000 sports, health and fitness enthusiasts expected to participate in this year`s edition of `Airtel Delhi Half Marathon`, registrations for the popular event opened , a statement said on Friday.
Focused on the theme `Make Friends with Delhi` - the 2012 leg of the annual sporting event will be organised Sep 30, 2012, and flagged off under the aegis of the Athletics Federation of India (AFI).
"The half-marathon is an occasion that invites all like-minded people to come together in the true spirit of camaraderie and run for a cause," said Bharat Bambawale of Airtel.
"Dedicated to the spirit of friendship, we invite all `Dillike friends` to participate again in large numbers to make this the biggest and best year for the half marathon," he added.
Apart from the opportunity to run alongside the world`s best long distance athletes, prize money of $210,000 ensures that the event maintains its status as the world`s richest half-marathon.
"We are expecting to attract 40 of the world`s top 100 male and female long distance athletes. The event will also witness the presence of some of the biggest names from the world of sport as event ambassadors," said the statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Gold smuggling: Government loses over $1 billion in revenue
- Govt rejects Infosys proposal to set up IT SEZ in West Bengal
- Urjit Patel as new RBI head to ensure continuity: Mundra
- Manipur tribals to observe unity day on Aug 31
- India is 7th wealthiest country in the world, ahead of Canada, Australia and Italy