Over 800 doping tests to be done at FINA worlds
Madrid: More than 800 doping tests will be conducted during the swimming world championships slated for July 19 to Aug 4 in Barcelona, world governing body of the sport said Thursday.
According to Cornel Marculescu, executive director of FINA, 485 blood tests will be done before the Worlds start Friday and another 320 tests, either blood or urine, will be conducted during the competitions before the biennial tournament ends Aug 4.
The FINA World Championships, drawing some 2300 athletes, will feature competitions in swimming, diving, water polo, synchronised swimming and the newly included high diving.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!