Over 800 doping tests to be done at FINA worlds
Madrid: More than 800 doping tests will be conducted during the swimming world championships slated for July 19 to Aug 4 in Barcelona, world governing body of the sport said Thursday.
According to Cornel Marculescu, executive director of FINA, 485 blood tests will be done before the Worlds start Friday and another 320 tests, either blood or urine, will be conducted during the competitions before the biennial tournament ends Aug 4.
The FINA World Championships, drawing some 2300 athletes, will feature competitions in swimming, diving, water polo, synchronised swimming and the newly included high diving.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore