Over 800 doping tests to be done at FINA worlds
Madrid: More than 800 doping tests will be conducted during the swimming world championships slated for July 19 to Aug 4 in Barcelona, world governing body of the sport said Thursday.
According to Cornel Marculescu, executive director of FINA, 485 blood tests will be done before the Worlds start Friday and another 320 tests, either blood or urine, will be conducted during the competitions before the biennial tournament ends Aug 4.
The FINA World Championships, drawing some 2300 athletes, will feature competitions in swimming, diving, water polo, synchronised swimming and the newly included high diving.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon