Oz CWG gold medallist Dale Parker loses licence following drink-driving accident
Melbourne : Dale Parker, the Australian cyclist who won a gold medal in the Delhi Commonwealth Games, has reportedly lost his licence after a drink-driving accident in the Adelaide Hills.
According to The Age, police said that the 18-year-old P-plate driver from Nairne recorded a blood alcohol level of 0.098 on Friday night after losing control of the Nissan sedan he was driving and hitting a light pole in Mount Barker.
A 17-year-old man has been admitted in hospital with head injuries, after the light pole allegedly hit by Parker`s car fell on the pedestrian, police added.
They also claimed that Parker was doing burn-outs before the incident and was charged with drink driving and breaching his probationary driving conditions. He was disqualified on the spot from driving for six months.
Police have seized the Nissan sedan and the teenager would receive a summons to appear in court on a date yet to be set, the paper said.
Cycling South Australia could conduct its own investigation into the crash, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand