Pacquiao gunning for vengeance after contentious defeat
London: Manny Pacquiao, who lost his WBO welterweight title in a controversial spilt decision to American boxer Timothy Bradley, is eyeing vengeance during his title rematch on November 10.
This was Pacquiao’s first defeat in seven years as two judges scored the fight 115-113 to Bradley while the other saw it by the same score for Pacquiao at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
But statistics showed Pacquiao out-punched Bradley, and the Filipino claims he was never punished by his American challenger.
“He never hurt me with his punches. Most of his punches hit my arm. I don’t know what happened. Almost every round I hurt him and I know he felt it,” a daily quoted Pacquiao, as saying.
“This will make me become a warrior in the rematch. I thought I won 100 per cent. I didn’t listen to the announcement because I thought I had won with all the judges,” he added.
Fans in Manila wept in the street following Pacquiao’s defeat and his promoter Bob Arum slammed the decision.
Arum said: “People don’t know what they’re watching anymore. I’m going to make a lot of money in a rematch but who’s going to take this sport seriously?”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video