Pacquiao, Mayweather may finally meet in ring after settling lawsuit
Washington: Speculations in the boxing world are rife that ace boxers Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr may fight each other after it was revealed both of them have reached a confidential settlement in their federal defamation case in Las Vegas.
According to reports, Malcolm LaVergne, a lawyer who is representing Mayweather`s father in the case, said on Tuesday that documents have been signed, and will be filed in U.S. District Court in Las Vegas.
LaVergne maintained that the terms of the lawsuit settlement are confidential.
Pacquiao filed the lawsuit in December 2009 after charging Mayweather of defaming him by suggesting he used performance-enhancing substances.
Pacquiao denied the claim and sought unspecified damages from Mayweather. The 33-year-old has a record of 54-4 with two draws and is due to fight Juan Manuel Marquez in December in Las Vegas.
The biggest stumbling block for Pacquiao and Mayweather meeting in the ring appears to have been Mayweather`s insistence he get a lion`s share of what many assume will be the biggest payday in boxing history.
Recently, however, Pacquaio claimed he is okay with giving Mayweather a larger slice of the earnings, and added that a split of 55-45 is fine with him.
Another stumbling block had been Mayweather`s insistence on random blood and urine drug screening throughout the buildup to the fight.
Pacquaio now insists he would consent to that, even on the night of the fight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'