Pacquiao vs. Bradley 2: The mother of all rematches is here
Zee Media Bureau/Jayanta Oinam
Forget everything, one of the most anticipated fights will take place on April 12 when Filipino legend, Manny Pacquiao takes on undefeated American Timothy Bradley at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
What`s at stake: WBO Welterweight Championship and lots of lots of bragging rights, which is as important as winning the title itself.
The Match-up: This is billed PACQUIAO VS. BRADLEY 2, because these two fighters have met previously on June 9th 2012, in which underdog Bradley was evidently outclassed by Pacquiao.
But thanks to a controversial split decision, the American won the title, resulting in WBO setting up a special 5-man review panel. The panel asked for a rematch, as the organisation does not allow a decision to be overturned.
Fighters: Coming into the fight, Bradley – popularly known as the Desert Storm, has 31 wins from 31 contests, with 12 KO`s and one No Contest. But the 30-year-old has competed twice since the fight, defeating Ruslan Provodnikov and Juan Manuel Marquez.
For Pacquiao – the only boxer ever to have won world titles in eight different divisions, it serves as the perfect outing to shape up for a probable `upcoming` charity clash with another super-star boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr.
In their first meeting, the 35-year-old politician from the Philippines out-landed Bradley 253 punches to 149, and led all but two of the 12 rounds, before the judges gifting the title to the American. So, the bout will be a grudge match for Pac-man. And despite the age, with 55 wins which includes 38 KO`s, he is still a force to reckon with.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'