Paddy Powers-created `banned` Pistorius ad branded as `most offensive UK ad ever`
London: A banned advertisement, created by Irish bookmakers Paddy Powers and featuring Paralympian Oscar Pistorius, has reportedly been officially branded as the most offensive UK ad ever.
The ad, which claimed that gamblers would get their money back if the double amputee Blade Runner `walks` from his murder trial, has received more than 5,000 complaints and 120,000 people signed a growing petition to have the offer banned.
According to the Daily Star, the ad read: `It`s Oscar Time. Money Back If He Walks. We will refund all losing bets on the Oscar Pistorius trial if he is found not guilty` and the Advertising Standards Authority said it had received an `unprecedented` 5,200 complaints about the ad, officially making it the most complained about in UK history.
The report mentioned that the ad has broken the record of a KFC advert about people speaking with their mouths full, which previously held the title.
Pistorius is currently on trial accused of murdering his model girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on Valentine`s Day last year, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?