Pakistan confirms participation in South Asian TT in Delhi
New Delhi: Pakistan will compete in the South Asian Junior Table Tennis Championships beginning at the Indira Gandhi Stadium here on Saturday. The Maldives are the lone team from the region to have pulled out of the three-day event.
Pakistani teams have faced Indian visa issues in the recent past. Its cycling team got late in arriving for the Asian Cycling Championships in March and could only take part in road events while the table tennis seniors missed the Commonwealth Championships in May.
"Pakistani contingent have got the visa and they have confirmed their participation. Barring Maldives, all teams are coming," Dhanraj Choudhary, Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) secretary general “.
Choudhary added that it will be a nine-member Pakistani unit comprising three junior players, three in cadet category and as many officials.
Table Tennis returns to Indira Gandhi stadium after a long gap as most major tournaments have taken place at the Thyagaraj Stadium since the 2010 Commonwealth Games.
The 2012 South Asian Championships was organised in Shillong. The winner and runner-up of the team competition qualifies for the Asian Juniors in Doha, Qatar in September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...