Pakistan hockey team departs for Asian Champions Trophy
Lahore: The Pakistan hockey squad Tuesday morning departed to participate in the upcoming second Asian Champions Trophy commencing Dec 20 in Qatar.
The 18-member men`s field hockey team along with six officials, including the manager and the coach, left for Doha from here, reports Xinhua.
Chief coach Akhtar Rasool told media persons the team`s morale was very high after success in the Champions Trophy and they would perform well to fulfil the people`s expectations.
The six-nation event will start will be conclude Dec 27 at the Al Rayyan Hockey Stadium in the the Qatar capital.
Pakistan, defending champions India, China, Oman, Japan and Malaysia will feature in the eight-day event and every participating team will play a match against all other sides.
The tournament will start as Japan take on Malaysia followed by India vs China and Pakistan vs Oman.
Pakistan is the highest ranked team in the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Raghuram Rajan, Arvind Subramanian 'foisted' on India by Americans: Swamy
- Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy terms burkini as 'provocation' that supports radical Islam
- Being obese can cause 13 types of cancer, say scientists
- All you want to know about Krishna Janmashtami: Muhurat, puja vidhi and timings!
- Tillakaratne Dilshan to retire from international cricket after 3rd ODI, two T20Is against Australia