Pakistan hockey team departs for Asian Champions Trophy
Lahore: The Pakistan hockey squad Tuesday morning departed to participate in the upcoming second Asian Champions Trophy commencing Dec 20 in Qatar.
The 18-member men`s field hockey team along with six officials, including the manager and the coach, left for Doha from here, reports Xinhua.
Chief coach Akhtar Rasool told media persons the team`s morale was very high after success in the Champions Trophy and they would perform well to fulfil the people`s expectations.
The six-nation event will start will be conclude Dec 27 at the Al Rayyan Hockey Stadium in the the Qatar capital.
Pakistan, defending champions India, China, Oman, Japan and Malaysia will feature in the eight-day event and every participating team will play a match against all other sides.
The tournament will start as Japan take on Malaysia followed by India vs China and Pakistan vs Oman.
Pakistan is the highest ranked team in the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you