Pakistan hockey team departs for Asian Champions Trophy
Lahore: The Pakistan hockey squad Tuesday morning departed to participate in the upcoming second Asian Champions Trophy commencing Dec 20 in Qatar.
The 18-member men`s field hockey team along with six officials, including the manager and the coach, left for Doha from here, reports Xinhua.
Chief coach Akhtar Rasool told media persons the team`s morale was very high after success in the Champions Trophy and they would perform well to fulfil the people`s expectations.
The six-nation event will start will be conclude Dec 27 at the Al Rayyan Hockey Stadium in the the Qatar capital.
Pakistan, defending champions India, China, Oman, Japan and Malaysia will feature in the eight-day event and every participating team will play a match against all other sides.
The tournament will start as Japan take on Malaysia followed by India vs China and Pakistan vs Oman.
Pakistan is the highest ranked team in the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das