Pakistan hockey team departs for Asian Champions Trophy
Lahore: The Pakistan hockey squad Tuesday morning departed to participate in the upcoming second Asian Champions Trophy commencing Dec 20 in Qatar.
The 18-member men`s field hockey team along with six officials, including the manager and the coach, left for Doha from here, reports Xinhua.
Chief coach Akhtar Rasool told media persons the team`s morale was very high after success in the Champions Trophy and they would perform well to fulfil the people`s expectations.
The six-nation event will start will be conclude Dec 27 at the Al Rayyan Hockey Stadium in the the Qatar capital.
Pakistan, defending champions India, China, Oman, Japan and Malaysia will feature in the eight-day event and every participating team will play a match against all other sides.
The tournament will start as Japan take on Malaysia followed by India vs China and Pakistan vs Oman.
Pakistan is the highest ranked team in the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city