Pakistan hockey team departs for Asian Champions Trophy
Lahore: The Pakistan hockey squad Tuesday morning departed to participate in the upcoming second Asian Champions Trophy commencing Dec 20 in Qatar.
The 18-member men`s field hockey team along with six officials, including the manager and the coach, left for Doha from here, reports Xinhua.
Chief coach Akhtar Rasool told media persons the team`s morale was very high after success in the Champions Trophy and they would perform well to fulfil the people`s expectations.
The six-nation event will start will be conclude Dec 27 at the Al Rayyan Hockey Stadium in the the Qatar capital.
Pakistan, defending champions India, China, Oman, Japan and Malaysia will feature in the eight-day event and every participating team will play a match against all other sides.
The tournament will start as Japan take on Malaysia followed by India vs China and Pakistan vs Oman.
Pakistan is the highest ranked team in the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back