Pakistan to play hockey Tests in India next month
Lahore: The Pakistan hockey team will play five Test matches in India next month as part of a bilateral series details of which were worked out between officials of both the countries in Malaysia.
The Pakistan Hockey Federation said in a statement that the matches will be played from April 5 to 15 at Ranchi, Jalandhar, New Delhi, Lucknow and Mohali.
"In a return visit the Indian team will play two Tests at Lahore and also in Karachi, Faisalabad and Sialkot from April 23 to May 2," the statement said.
The statement said the final itinerary of the series will be released after consultation with media partners.
It came after PHF President Qasim Zia and secretary Asif Bajwa, who went to Malaysia for the Asian Hockey Federation meeting, met top officials of Hockey India on the sidelines of the meeting.
Narendra Batra, the secretary of Hockey India, had also visited Lahore in late December and signed an agreement with the PHF regarding the resumption of bilateral hockey series after nearly six years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video