Pal, Sudha take honours among Indians in Delhi Half Marathon
New Delhi: Rahul Pal and Sudha Singh won the 2012 Delhi Half Marathon in the elite Indian men and women`s category respectively here on Sunday.
Rahul Pal clocked 1:06.12 hours beating second placed army man Nitender Singh by two seconds. Indrajeet Patel finished third, only one second behind Nitender.
Among the women, Olympian Sudha Singh won the elite Indians with a timing of 1:19.34. Kavita Raut, who won in 2007 and 2008, finished second with 1:06.53 while defending champion Lalita Babbar managed third with 1:20.47.
Sudha, who took part in London Olympics in the 3,000 metre steeplechase, trained in Eldoret, Kenya for six months before the Games to improve her timing by practising at high altitudes.
"My stint in Kenya helped me bring down my timings by almost eight-nine seconds. Training at higher altitudes helps you bring your time down when you run at sea level," said Sudha.
In the elite men`s section the race was won by Kenyan Edwin Kipyego clocking 1:00.55 while Yimer Wude of Ethiopia took the honours among elite women with a timing of 1:11.10 in the eight edition of the Delhi Half Marathon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security