Pallikal enters World Squash pre-quarters
Penang: India`s top squash player Dipika Pallikal entered the pre-quarterfinals of the Women`s World Squash Championship beating English qualifier Lisa Aitken 3-0 here Wednesday.
The 11-2, 11-6, 11-5 win over Aitken came as a relief for the World No.11 who entered the prestigious event without winning a main draw match this year.
Pallikal, who has not gone beyond the quarters at the Worlds, faces third-ranked Raneem El Welily of Egypt Thursday.
"The first round can always be a bit dodgy and I am glad played some good squash. Playing against Raneem will obviously be very tough but I am hoping to play well and take my first win off her," Pallikal told IANS after her opening round win.
She has the company of her coach and five-time World Open winner Sarah Fitz-Gerald. Asked whether the coach has set a game plan for her, Pallikal said: "Not really. We have not yet spoken about the game tomorrow (Thursday)."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands