Pallikal enters World Squash pre-quarters
Penang: India`s top squash player Dipika Pallikal entered the pre-quarterfinals of the Women`s World Squash Championship beating English qualifier Lisa Aitken 3-0 here Wednesday.
The 11-2, 11-6, 11-5 win over Aitken came as a relief for the World No.11 who entered the prestigious event without winning a main draw match this year.
Pallikal, who has not gone beyond the quarters at the Worlds, faces third-ranked Raneem El Welily of Egypt Thursday.
"The first round can always be a bit dodgy and I am glad played some good squash. Playing against Raneem will obviously be very tough but I am hoping to play well and take my first win off her," Pallikal told IANS after her opening round win.
She has the company of her coach and five-time World Open winner Sarah Fitz-Gerald. Asked whether the coach has set a game plan for her, Pallikal said: "Not really. We have not yet spoken about the game tomorrow (Thursday)."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched