Pankaj, Aditya suffer losses in 6-Red World Snooker
Bangkok: India`s Pankaj Advani suffered a 2-5 loss to Andrew Higginson of England but still remained in contention for a berth in the knock-out stage in the SangSom 6-Red World Snooker Championship.
Unseeded Advani has collected two points from three matches, with two wins and a loss, the same as Higginson.
Earlier in the day, Advani defeated Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 5-4 in the six-player round-robuin league. Yesterday, the Indian had beaten Ben Nunan of Australia 5-4.
Advani will take on sixth seed Shaun Murphy of England and 54-year old Steve Davis, also an Englishman and former world champion, in his remaining two league fixtures tomorrow.
On another table in Group C, India`s number one snooker player Aditya Mehta also suffered his first defeat in the round-robin league. He lost to third seed Mark J Williams of Wales 4-5.
With two points from three matches -- from two wins and a loss, Aditya, however, remained in contention for a knock-out berth.
Yesterday, he won both his matches -- against Li Hang of China (5-4) and Thanawat Thirapongpaiboon of Thailand`s (5-4).
Aditya will play Ken Doherty of Ireland and Peter Ebdon of England tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened