Pankaj Advani, Aditya Mehta to play in Snooker Masters 2013
Mumbai: Eight-time world champion Pankaj Advani and Aditya Mehta will participate in the RKG-Khar Gymkhana Snooker Masters 2013, India`s biggest Pro-Am Snooker tournament, from May 6 to 13 here.
The tournament, sponsored by Delhi`s Ravindra Gupta, will boast of four top UK professionals and an equal number of Indian amateurs -- Advani, Mehta, Yasin Merchant and a wild card entrant, a release from the organisers said.
They will be joined by 16 qualifiers from across four venues in India -- Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata and Pune.
The prize money is the biggest offered in India with the winner`s purse being Rs 500,000 lakh.
Two professionals, Anthony Mcgill and Jamie Jones have confirmed their participation while Stephen Lee and Nigel Bond have expressed their desire to be a part of this tournament.
The qualifiers for the main championship started today in Chennai with a total participation of 90 players. Each player needs to reach the semi-finals at the venue to qualify for the main event.
The cueists, who fail to make the main round in the first qualifying event, will get three more chances.
"This is the first time such a concept has been essayed in India and given the response from across India and the neighbouring countries, especially UAE and Bahrain, who have shown keen interest in participating in the qualifiers, we expect it to be a big success," said Gupta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!