Pankaj Advani helps ONGC win snooker team title
Ahmedabad: ONGC successfully defended their snooker team title and emerged overall winners of the PSPB Billiards and Snooker Championships which concluded here on Sunday.
Top players from around the country converged to represent their employers who meet annually to earn points in their respective sports for the PSPB events.
The cueists of ONGC did not disappoint.
Led by the reigning world billiards champion Pankaj Advani, ONGC defeated IOC in the final 4-2 to defend their team title at the Gujarat Sports Club.
In the billiards event, ONGC again got the better of IOC, winning the finals 2-1.
Advani was adjudged the Player of the Tournament for snooker while veteran Devendra Joshi received the coveted honour for billiards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Iraqi army declares Fallujah fully liberated from Islamic State
- Priyanka Chopra opens up about her Hollywood debut 'Baywatch'! – Read more
- How al Qaeda radicalises youth and trains them, reveals arrested militant leader
- Government allows airlines to import up to 18 year old planes
- Pampore terror attack: Centre to send committee to find reason behind security lapse