Pankaj Advani wins PSPB snooker and billiards championship
Ahmedabad: Eight-time world champion Pankaj Advani staved off a stiff challenge from Rupesh Shah before prevailing 3-2 in the decider to win the PSPB Snooker and Billiards Championship, here on Friday.
Representing ONGC, Advani was in fine form to whitewash Manan Chandra (BPCL) and Aditya Mehta (IOC) 3-0 each in the quarterfinals and semifinals respectively before setting up a title clash with colleague Shah.
Advani won in the ultimate frame of the best-of-5-final with breaks of 69 in the third frame and 63 in the decider of the match.
A dream clash between India`s top two professionals, Advani and Mehta set up what was to be a mouthwatering semis match for the fans at the Gujarat Sports Club.
However, it was a one-sided affair as the more experienced campaigner from Bangalore, Advani prevailed with a 3-0 verdict.
In the billiards event, Devendra Joshi of BPCL won the singles title, defeating Shah of ONGC 3-1 in the final.
The team events will begin from today. Snooker Final: Pankaj Advani (ONGC) beat Rupesh Shah (ONGC) 3-2: 49-62, 60-8, 78(69)-48, 1-64(63), 70(63)-18 Billiards Final - Devendra Joshi (BPCL) beat Rupesh Shah (ONGC) 3-1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday