Pankaj Advani wins PSPB snooker and billiards championship
Ahmedabad: Eight-time world champion Pankaj Advani staved off a stiff challenge from Rupesh Shah before prevailing 3-2 in the decider to win the PSPB Snooker and Billiards Championship, here on Friday.
Representing ONGC, Advani was in fine form to whitewash Manan Chandra (BPCL) and Aditya Mehta (IOC) 3-0 each in the quarterfinals and semifinals respectively before setting up a title clash with colleague Shah.
Advani won in the ultimate frame of the best-of-5-final with breaks of 69 in the third frame and 63 in the decider of the match.
A dream clash between India`s top two professionals, Advani and Mehta set up what was to be a mouthwatering semis match for the fans at the Gujarat Sports Club.
However, it was a one-sided affair as the more experienced campaigner from Bangalore, Advani prevailed with a 3-0 verdict.
In the billiards event, Devendra Joshi of BPCL won the singles title, defeating Shah of ONGC 3-1 in the final.
The team events will begin from today. Snooker Final: Pankaj Advani (ONGC) beat Rupesh Shah (ONGC) 3-2: 49-62, 60-8, 78(69)-48, 1-64(63), 70(63)-18 Billiards Final - Devendra Joshi (BPCL) beat Rupesh Shah (ONGC) 3-1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption