Paralympian Gayakwad finishes 7th in World C`ships
New Delhi: Paralympic swimmer Sharath Gayakwad has finished seventh in the 100m breastroke finals at the IPC World Swimming Championships in Montreal, Canada.
Sharath, sporting the Speedo Fastskin 3 Racing System, clocked a time of 1:18.81 minutes at the event.
"Though this was not my best performance, I am happy with the fact that in spite of being tired I was able to hold my pace, perform well and finish better," Gaekwad said.
At the event, World Record holder, Ukranian Andriy Kalyna won the gold medal after clocking a speed of 1:07.05 minutes. Austrian Andreas Onea won silver and Krzysztof Paterka from Poland settled for the bronze. Their timings were 1:12.99 minutes and 1:14.56 minutes respectively.
Gaekwad will be next seen in the 100m butterfly.
"I will give it my all and hope my performance takes me to the finals and I win a medal at the event," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon