Paralympian Gayakwad finishes 7th in World C`ships
New Delhi: Paralympic swimmer Sharath Gayakwad has finished seventh in the 100m breastroke finals at the IPC World Swimming Championships in Montreal, Canada.
Sharath, sporting the Speedo Fastskin 3 Racing System, clocked a time of 1:18.81 minutes at the event.
"Though this was not my best performance, I am happy with the fact that in spite of being tired I was able to hold my pace, perform well and finish better," Gaekwad said.
At the event, World Record holder, Ukranian Andriy Kalyna won the gold medal after clocking a speed of 1:07.05 minutes. Austrian Andreas Onea won silver and Krzysztof Paterka from Poland settled for the bronze. Their timings were 1:12.99 minutes and 1:14.56 minutes respectively.
Gaekwad will be next seen in the 100m butterfly.
"I will give it my all and hope my performance takes me to the finals and I win a medal at the event," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter