Paralympian Gayakwad finishes 7th in World C`ships
New Delhi: Paralympic swimmer Sharath Gayakwad has finished seventh in the 100m breastroke finals at the IPC World Swimming Championships in Montreal, Canada.
Sharath, sporting the Speedo Fastskin 3 Racing System, clocked a time of 1:18.81 minutes at the event.
"Though this was not my best performance, I am happy with the fact that in spite of being tired I was able to hold my pace, perform well and finish better," Gaekwad said.
At the event, World Record holder, Ukranian Andriy Kalyna won the gold medal after clocking a speed of 1:07.05 minutes. Austrian Andreas Onea won silver and Krzysztof Paterka from Poland settled for the bronze. Their timings were 1:12.99 minutes and 1:14.56 minutes respectively.
Gaekwad will be next seen in the 100m butterfly.
"I will give it my all and hope my performance takes me to the finals and I win a medal at the event," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
- British politics in turmoil as Brexit talks loom