Paralympic swimmer Sharath Gayakwad finishes 10th
Bangalore: Paralympic swimmer Sharath Gayakwad began his campaign at the Paralympic World Swimming Championships in Montreal finishing 10th in the 200m Individual Medley.
According to information received here, Sharath clocked 2:42.92 minutes Tuesday and was way behind his personal best that came last year. His personal best of 2:38.17 mins in the 200m Individual Medley came last year at the London Paralympic Games.
Clocking a time of 2:03.79 mins, Belarusian Ihar Boki earned the gold smashing his own world record of 2:06.30 minutes, he had set at the London Paralympic Games.
Iaroslav Densysenko of Ukraine won the silver and Russian Roman Dubovoy settled for a Bronze.
Sharath will be next seen in action next at the 100m Breaststroke on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof