Parchment resumes training after injury
Montego Bay: Olympic bronze medallist Hansle Parchment has returned to training following a two-week layoff due to a sprained ankle he suffered at the National Senior Championships last month.
Parchment, who lowered his own national record to 13.05 seconds earlier this year, twisted his left ankle while warming up for the men`s 110m hurdles final.
He missed two weeks of training and competition while he underwent rehabilitation.
"We are taking the path of caution and we are trying to get him healthy more than anything else," Coach Fitz Coleman said in an interview with the Jamaica Observer.
Coleman has reported that Parchment had "made positive progress, which is encouraging," but added he "was not 100 percent fit but we are still hopeful that by the time the World Championships comes around he will be running well."
Coleman said that there were no plans for Parchment to compete before the World Championships.
"The plan is to get him as healthy as can be," said Coleman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!