Parchment resumes training after injury
Montego Bay: Olympic bronze medallist Hansle Parchment has returned to training following a two-week layoff due to a sprained ankle he suffered at the National Senior Championships last month.
Parchment, who lowered his own national record to 13.05 seconds earlier this year, twisted his left ankle while warming up for the men`s 110m hurdles final.
He missed two weeks of training and competition while he underwent rehabilitation.
"We are taking the path of caution and we are trying to get him healthy more than anything else," Coach Fitz Coleman said in an interview with the Jamaica Observer.
Coleman has reported that Parchment had "made positive progress, which is encouraging," but added he "was not 100 percent fit but we are still hopeful that by the time the World Championships comes around he will be running well."
Coleman said that there were no plans for Parchment to compete before the World Championships.
"The plan is to get him as healthy as can be," said Coleman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble