Pawar bows out of Canada Open
Vancouver: India`s campaign ended at the Canada Open Grand Prix badminton tournament as Anand Pawar crashed out of the men`s singles event after going down to Kuei Chun Shih of Chinese Taipei in a keenly contested pre-quarterfinal match, here.
The fourth seeded Indian fought well before losing 22-24 21-17 15-21 against his unseeded opponent in a match that lasted an hour, here last night.
Having played a dominating role in the first two games, Pawar simply lost steam in the third and deciding game to lose out on a quarterfinal berth in the tournament.
Another Indian, Arvind Bhat, had already bowed out of the competition after losing his first round match in the men`s singles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Awwdorable: Vivek Dahiya singing 'Lag Ja Gale' to Divyanka Tripathi will melt your heart – Watch
- Here's PV Sindhu's REPLY to Telangana deputy CM who offered her a 'better coach' than Pullela Gopichand
- When Smriti Irani was denied cabin crew job for 'lack of good personality' - Know Details
- Health Ministry to start awareness campaign on dengue, chikungunya