Pawar bows out of Canada Open
Vancouver: India`s campaign ended at the Canada Open Grand Prix badminton tournament as Anand Pawar crashed out of the men`s singles event after going down to Kuei Chun Shih of Chinese Taipei in a keenly contested pre-quarterfinal match, here.
The fourth seeded Indian fought well before losing 22-24 21-17 15-21 against his unseeded opponent in a match that lasted an hour, here last night.
Having played a dominating role in the first two games, Pawar simply lost steam in the third and deciding game to lose out on a quarterfinal berth in the tournament.
Another Indian, Arvind Bhat, had already bowed out of the competition after losing his first round match in the men`s singles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach