Pawar bows out of Canada Open
Vancouver: India`s campaign ended at the Canada Open Grand Prix badminton tournament as Anand Pawar crashed out of the men`s singles event after going down to Kuei Chun Shih of Chinese Taipei in a keenly contested pre-quarterfinal match, here.
The fourth seeded Indian fought well before losing 22-24 21-17 15-21 against his unseeded opponent in a match that lasted an hour, here last night.
Having played a dominating role in the first two games, Pawar simply lost steam in the third and deciding game to lose out on a quarterfinal berth in the tournament.
Another Indian, Arvind Bhat, had already bowed out of the competition after losing his first round match in the men`s singles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Four including child dead after shooting in Texas apartment complex
- GST listing in Rajya Sabha likely this week, Arun Jaitley to meet state FMs
- Sleep apnea patients at glaucoma risk
- Unbelievable! Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' shatters Box Office, earns Rs 250 crore in India on Day 1?
- Audience don't judge stars with box office numbers: John Abraham