Pearson clocks fastest hurdles of season
Berlin: Olympic champion Sally Pearson of Australia clocked the fastest 60m hurdles indoor time of the season on Saturday, just a week out from the world championships.
Pearson timed 7.79sec in the heats at the Berlin meet before winning the final in 7.80sec for a perfect confidence boost ahead of the world indoor championships at Sopot in Poland next week.
More than 10,000 spectators watched the Berlin action and were buoyed by seeing Germans David Storl and Malte Mohr claim victories in the shot and pole vault respectively.
Martin Wierig then took the discus with 64.82m although German compatriot, the world and Olympic champion Robert Harting could only manage fourth place with 62.20m.
Elsewhere, Germany`s Verena Sailer won the women`s 60m in 7.12sec while St Kitts and Nevis veteran Kim Collins took the men`s sprint in 6.52sec.
Cuba`s 2008 Olympic 110m hurdles gold medallist Dayron Robles claimed the men`s 60m hurdles in 7.53sec.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Rahul Gandhi and Buddhadeb Bhattacharya are doing ILU ILU in WB: Amit Shah
- UP Police computer operator exam 2016: Admit card available at uppbpb.gov.in - Check dates
- Won't be giving any more statements to media: Kangana Ranaut
- Two Palestinians shot dead after checkpoint attack bid: Israel
- This novel genetic method could lead to vaccine for life-threatening cancer!